Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Sunday, June 10, 2012: Be a Slug

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Spent most of the day as a slug and dozed on and off for most of the day.

Accomplishments:

I got down for breakfast about 9:00 am and enjoyed the grilled tomatoes and avoided the bangers.

Took a big risk and used the hotel provided body wash (I don’t have soap in my kit?  Unthinkable!) and shampoo and did NOT break out!  Woot!

After dinner (restaurant doesn’t open till 6:30) of small steak, mushrooms, chips and another grilled tomato, I went for a walk.  The weather forecast was correct; it started to drizzle in the early evening just as I was starting out for my walk.  It was not bad enough to stop me from walking but enough to discourage a long walk.  I walked the ½ mile from the hotel to the office.  To do this, I had to navigate how to get across a reasonably busy road, the A422 named Monks Way.  I was exploring the intersection, contemplating how I should attempt to cross as there didn’t seem to be any crosswalk when I noticed stairs that went down a small hillside slope.  Upon further inspection, I noticed that these stairs led to a path that led under a road bridge.  So simple and so safe.  The path continued between the light factory buildings in the area and came out quite near the office.  It will make a nice walk to work when the forecast isn’t for torrential downpour, which it is for the morrow.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment