Monday, June 11th, 2012
Fear of Driving:
Yesterday, I mentally prepared myself for driving during my walk; visually driving the roads in my mind, seeing myself driving on the left hand side, left turns, right turns and navigating the roundabouts. Today I was given the company floater car to use while I’m here and had to put all that preparation into action. There were things I failed to mentally walk through.
Tonight, after work, I went out to the car and unlocked the doors, threw my computer onto the back seat and got in. Strike #1, I got in on the left hand side, the passenger side, of the car. Moved over to the right side buckled up and then started the car. Next I shifted into reverse and then, Strike #2, I looked over my right shoulder to make sure It was clear behind and hit the driver side door frame with my head. So I shifted about and looked over my left shoulder and eased off the clutch. Strike #3, the car didn’t move because I hadn’t let off the parking brake.
Yep not even out of the parking space and I had already gone down swinging.
I did eventually drive around a bit which got the old cardio going and I only got honked at once.
Milton Keynes loves their roundabouts.
Later.
I applaud your courage. No way I could drive there. I would be paralyzed.
ReplyDeleteBravo to you! Keep these coming!